Chemicals for water and effluent treatment – EP Química
We supply a complete line of chemical products and services for chemical water treatment of paint coagulation systems, cooling towers, boilers, hot water, Water Treatment Plant, Wastewater Treatment Plant, reverse osmosis, chemical treatment for pasteurizers, gas washers, air houses, etc.
EP Química goes beyond the simple supply of chemicals and inputs for water and wastewater treatment, our business is to provide Chemical Solutions, i.e., the combination between:
- Equipment – In several cases the solution offered involves the installation of equipment and automation systems for various processes and segments.
- Products – The products are formulated in our factory, located in Nazaré Paulista, where we can control the quality of the entire manufacturing process until they are applied at the client’s site.
- Services – Through a multidisciplinary team, EP offers a differentiated and customized service for each client, who will have the guarantee of the final result.
- Organic and inorganic coagulants
- Corrosion inhibitors
- Inorganic dispersants (anti-fouling)
- Oxidizing and non-oxidizing Bactericides
- Products for reverse osmosis
- Oxygen scavengers and dispersants
- Odor control products and color remover
- Alkalinizers and acids
- Bacteria and enzymes
- Corrosion control
- Fouling and deposition control (Fouling)
- Microbiological control
Corrosion is the leading cause of process system, equipment and piping failures in the water and process industry. Companies are forced to spend on replacement and unscheduled downtime of equipment due to corrosion problems. In addition, corrosion produces iron by-products and this can cause critical heat exchange conditions in equipment. Iron deposits on the transfer surfaces have a negative impact on plant efficiency, production, and operating costs.
The EP Group uses effective methods to control corrosion in industrial water systems: Control and Management on chemical, mechanical, and operating parameters. We act to control performance indicators and guarantee results. EP Química manufactures specific anticorrosive products for application in several segments of the water treatment processes.
Traditional monitoring methods (such as corrosion tree) and or online automation are used directly for control in critical systems and can be used as a basis for optimizing corrosion and achieving benefits.
Benefits of the Chemical PE Management and Control Program:
- Asset Protection
- Reduced total cost of operation
- Maximizes confidence in chemical treatment
- Minimizes downtime and asset maintenance
- Optimizes the cost of the treatment and maintenance program
Fouling and Deposition Control (Fouling)
The fouling process can occur due to the following technical conditions:
- Water chemistry, such as concentration of minerals
- System temperature
- Water Flow
- pH Increase
- Process of nucleation of minerals
Such conditions favor the precipitation of salts dissolved in the water and form solid mineral deposits. These can be thin formations or can accumulate in layers on the metal surfaces of the systems. Fouling is an insulating deposit and impairs heat exchange efficiency, increasing energy consumption, restricting water flow as deposit thickness increases.
EP Química manufactures state-of-the-art dispersant and bio-dispersant products for fouling and deposition control, also acting in the dispersion of suspended solids.
Microbiological uncontrolled control is always at the center of problems related to water treatment and can have an impact:
- in the formation of organic deposits
- potentiating fouling and corrosion formation
- growth of microorganisms
- contamination by organic matter
EP Química manufactures oxidizing and non-oxidizing bactericides for use in various processes and segments such as cooling systems, closed systems, reverse osmosis, paint coagulation systems, pasteurizers, etc. in order to control our customers’ processes. We have stabilized liquid bromine technology to operate in wide pH ranges.
Corrosion and fouling processes in a steam system or heater are due to the following technical variations in the feed water and/or condensate:
- Dissolved salt and oxide content
- Presence of oxygen and other dissolved gases
- Suspended materials
- Presence of organic materials
- Low temperature at supply
- Proper pH (alkaline range)
A good quality water supply eliminates, in advance, a large part of the problems that normally occur in steam generators. Afterwards, it is up to the internal chemical treatment to maintain the quality of the water inside the boiler.
O EP Group has the EP Engineeringwhich can offer equipment and technologies for pre-treatmentas reverse osmosis, softeners e demineralizersIn addition to manufacturing technology for dispersants suitable for scale control, oxygen scavengers and amines to inhibit corrosion, and filmic amines and neutralizers for corrosion control in steam and condensate lines.
Our focus initially is to act on the root cause by studying the need to improve the quality of replacement water, aiming to reduce energy, chemical, water costs, and reduce CO₂ emissions. Comparative analysis of the best technical solution in the pre-treatment, provides financial return(payback) and reduces the total cost of operation for our customers.
WWTP AND WTP
Water and Effluent Treatment System
Treatment processes are classified into physical, chemical, and biological, according to the nature of the pollutants to be removed and/or the unit operations used for the treatment.
The EP Química company commercializes chemical products for use in different stages of treatment systems, such as:
- coagulation agents
- pH neutralization
Our Chemical Solution goes beyond the supply of products, we are able to combine them with pre-treatment equipment and labor to guarantee results, compliance with standards and legislation, and cost reduction.
The main processes in which our uniquely formulated products are applied are:
- Chemical clarification (removes colloidal organic matter, including coliforms)
- Electrocoagulation (removes organic matter, including colloidal compounds, dyes and oils/fats)
- Precipitation of phosphates and other salts (nutrient removal), by adding chemical coagulants composed of iron and/or aluminum
- Chlorination for disinfection
- Cyanide oxidation
- Precipitation of toxic metals
- Cleaning products (alkaline and acid)